Just a reminder to sign up for the Fall Bible Study if you’re interested in participating in Face to Face: Encounters with the Living God! Kathy and I can’t wait to begin looking at several times the Lord appeared to individuals in the Old Testament. We would love for you to join us!
Our Houston group will begin meeting Thursday, September 15th at 9:30am. Once you sign up, the address will be emailed to you.
For those of you who cannot attend our Houston meetings, we are making the study available to you online. We have a challenge for you: we want to encourage you to take this study into your own small group of friends. Gathering together around the Word of God is vitally important; when we get together we encourage one another, we get to know each other better, we pray for and with one another and point one another toward the face of God.
So grab two friends or twelve friends or whoever it is that you are already doing life alongside and invite them into your home (or invite yourself into one of their homes!) for a morning or lunchtime or evening gathering.
We will email you everything you need to host your small group!
Tips for using this study with your small group:
- The study is structured to last about an hour and a half with 15 minutes to gather and worship (we’ll send you song ideas), 20-30 minutes of teaching (we’ll send you the video) and 45 minutes of group discussion/prayer time (we’ll send you the discussion questions and prayer exercises). You can adjust according to your own needs but that’s the way we’re doing it.
- We will send each person who signs up an email every Monday that includes a video of the teaching, the written lesson and a prayer exercise.
- We will meet for our first gathering on September 15, but your group won’t receive the materials that you need for the first meeting until Monday, September 19. So your group will need to start meeting after the 19th.
- Everyone in your group should sign up for the study. That way each person will get the emails with the lessons each week to preview and prepare for your group meeting.
- When you gather, you can watch the video teaching and then spend some time discussing the lesson and praying together.
We encourage you to ask the Lord about hosting a small group. Ask Him who He would like you to invite to be a part of this journey. If you decide to host a small group, please let us know so that we can pray for you specifically as the Lord leads. We want to hear from you about your questions and concerns. Thank you for considering partnering with us in welcoming others into a study of the Word of God!
We hope this is a helpful resource in your walk with the Lord in whatever season you are in. Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions about the Houston group or about participating online.
Cody (and Kathy, too)